LISTENING TO . . . Dwight David Yoakam
The King of Country Cool

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

LISTENING TO . . .
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Florida Girl
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: LISTENING TO . . . Reply with quote

NEW SITE:
Thanks to DP for informing me of this pseudo site to use while the LRH is out of action. It's good to see folks going strong, and hopefully more LTers will be by to join everyone after I send a couple emails.

CONCERT UPDATE:
My tickets to Lyle Lovett and kd lang are in the center of the fourth row! Perfect! I've seen Lyle twice, and the closest I have ever gotten to him before was the balcony. I am not sure whether or not I am attending McMurtry this Friday. My daughter is home from college and will be heading back on Sunday for the summer semester. I want to spend every moment possible with her. If she's out with friends, I'll go. If she's hanging with me, I won't.
longshot69
Guitars, Cadillacs & Dwight

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found you. Guess I had to register first....

What is happening on the other site? Hopefully security issues, which will be resolved soon?

Ayway, glad to have a way to correspond.
Thanks!!!
Florida Girl
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what's going on at the LRH. I heard that there was a threat made against Dwight. Is there anyone out there who can enlighten us?
Forrest
Understand the Man
Understand the Man

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kids, I'm here!

Listening to old school heavy metal these days, namely the first three FATES WARNING albums from 20+ odd years ago.
http://www.fateswarning.com/
I think this means I'm officially in mid-life crisis mode.
NavajoGirl

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Florida Girl, LongShot and Forrest!

good to see you all here!! I'm off to see Social Distortion in a few minutes but wanted to come by here to say hello!! Dave went to the Flagstaff show last night and he said it was the best he's ever seen. and believe me, he's been to a whole bunch!! even after all the surgeries he's had (3) he still made it into the Mosh Pit!!! man!! If I was there, I would have gone into the Mosh Pit and yanked him out by his ears! haha!! I'll keep a close eye on him tonight!! Social D is coming out with their greatest hit in june and they added one new song to it. I get to hear it tonight!! Dave said it's fantastic!

night all,
talk to you soon!
come visit me on the BossHoss page! haha!

bobbie
OKCFan
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: LISTENING TO . . . Reply with quote

Florida Girl wrote:
NEW SITE:
Thanks to DP for informing me of this pseudo site to use while the LRH is out of action. It's good to see folks going strong, and hopefully more LTers will be by to join everyone after I send a couple emails.

CONCERT UPDATE:
My tickets to Lyle Lovett and kd lang are in the center of the fourth row! Perfect! I've seen Lyle twice, and the closest I have ever gotten to him before was the balcony. I am not sure whether or not I am attending McMurtry this Friday. My daughter is home from college and will be heading back on Sunday for the summer semester. I want to spend every moment possible with her. If she's out with friends, I'll go. If she's hanging with me, I won't.

Cool Forida girl - Lyle & KD are coming here to and I want to see them so bad!!! How much were your tickets!!
urse0804
Dwight Dedicated
Dwight Dedicated

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavajoGirl wrote:

Social D is coming out with their greatest hit in june and they added one new song to it. I get to hear it tonight!! Dave said it's fantastic!
bobbie

Hey, Bobbie!!

Let us know what you think of the new song, "Far Behind" ... and I hope you had a great time at the show.

--Ursula
dp
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi folks! Hello
whew! glad to see ya here... Cool
even tho the other BB is open, i'm kinda' diggin' THIS one.....hmm...what to do?

i dunno'! Don't Know

anyhoo, i'll be back later - maybe MUCH later - with my Delbert McClinton review (my, my, my DIDN'T we have us a time?! lol!)

in the meantime, i have fallen azzend over teacup IN LOVE with this CD!!! omg!! i can't stop listening to it!! (NOT DM at all...)

The Spencer Davis Group:
==========
http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Gigs-Week-Steve-Winwood/dp/samples/B00000740V/ref=dp_tracks_all_2/104-8633390-5646367#disc_2
============================================
and i know this is kind of sacreligious to Mr. Reddings fans, but perhaps if DY covered it, it would bring him some new exposure. Not a bad thing, right?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B0000032XY001002/104-8633390-5646367
===========================================
course, i'm still hopin' for a DY version of *Spooky* Rolling Eyes

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000002TGH001001/104-8633390-5646367

but i ain't holdin' my breath. heheh...

i dunno' why, i just sooo can hear DY singin' this.
suppose i'll just have to get over it, lol!
guess that's what happens when you cover other ppl's songs BETTER than they did. ha!
====================================
later taters, gonna' hit the sheets.

taking off for another biz trip soon, so i'm trusting y'all to keep things up to your usual high standards while i'm gone. Thumbs Up
it's what brings me back the Dwight Boards - WHEREVER they might be! lol!

Help help! Yey! i've gone emoticon crazy!!! Laughing
and what's with the monkey? Monkey is he gas-ious? Help

Sleepy ~dp & the fleabags~ Sleepy
ramble much, dp?
nite. Embarassed
Florida Girl
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKC -
Yeah! I'm glad someone else might be going to Lovett/Lang. We can compare notes. My tickets were $65; however, there were different levels of pricing available. I hope you go! Remember that you are getting two headlining artists for one price!

NEW SITE/OLD LRH -
I am told that the LRH is open again, so we have a dilemma. Stay on this site or return to the old. I have a hard enough time keeping up with one thread and don’t want to attempt to monitor two threads on different site. Things to consider:

*Monitors – Fortunately, the LT has been immune to most of the nastiness known to occur on the LRH, but it sure is nice to know that folks here are available to wipe out unwelcome visitors and posts at a moments notice.

*Private Messaging/Avatars, etc. – I like the opportunity to customize. Even more, I appreciate the opportunity to send and receive PMs. Yes, we do pick up email addresses and emailing occurs on the side. However, PMs are more spontaneous, and I am able to converse with and get to know many more people.

*New Participants – The LT has always been limited in its appeal to the majority of LRHers, but we have always managed to pick up enough people coming and going to keep the thread intact. I am afraid that no new members or potential members will find us on this site, and the thread will slowly die out.

What do you guys think?
longshot69

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLORIDA GIRL - I agree..best stick with one site.
Just an idea...but if we stay here, we may get new blood and more input from others. Just not sure how much activity this site gets.
I also like the messages. This is set up much like Hank III board.
We had a lot of problems on the old board....but I will follow where ever you want to go.
Florida Girl
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LONGSHOT -
I am going to show my ignorance . . . How would folks find this site? I always go to the artist's site and look for a message board. It has never occurred to me to do a random search for a message board. Am I in the minority? Dwight’s message board received a ton of traffic. Much more than any other artist site on which I’ve participated. Even so, we only have a handful of regular participants at a time on the LT. Do you think this site can match the overall volume in order to supply us with the occasional new participant?

While my questions are directed toward LONGSHOT, I would be interested to hear comments from others, whether a regular LTer or not.
longshot69

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLORIDA GIRL - That was my point when I asked about the traffic this site gets. It does appear from the other threads that others from the old board have drifted over here besides those from our thread.
It would be nice to get "new blood" and fresh input....but perhaps you are right, since the other board comes up as the main site under a normal search.
I know...lets ask FORREST.......he knows EVERYTHING! Very Happy
dp
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG, since you asked....and i'm the one who got you into this predicament, here are my thoughts on the subject:

1- i think you should restart the LT thread at DY's BB.
it was one of the most popular threads there and is missed by more folks than just the ones who post on it. i know of two ppl who read it regularly but have NEVER posted on it and probably never will.

those are just the ones i know about, so who knows how many other folks are out there?

2- i'm keeping this placed bookmarked in case of future wipeouts, shut downs or general horrendous, uncomfortable behavior at LRH One.

if i have something to say and i feel i can't say it there without it causin' a ruckus, i'll come here with instructions that i'm doing that and the reason why:
to use the options that are available here,
to speak with a monitor close at hand,
to post pictures,
to use the live chat room,
to PM someone or....
if i feel the need to over-emoticon again! Laughing

it's really nice to have all of that available.

3- AND longshot does have a very, very good point: we may get new blood here.....more input because of folks feeling *safer* too?

4- at the same time, i'm afraid you may be right about the traffic here and it dying on the vine because most DY fans will be at LRH One.
=========================================
regardless, as with longshot, i'll follow your lead kiddo.
neither decision is wrong, honey, so just go with whatever feels right.

ONE thread is definitely the way to go.
i'm just grateful that y'all are willing to keep coming back wipeout after wipeout after.....
=============================================
DIL is catching Lang at Jannus Landing on June 1st. She was over last night and was SO excited about it!! i'll be sure to tell her to look for everyone's reviews - wherever they turn up.
ok! i'm out the door.
ketchin' a flight to Ohio later and will be gone for a week or so.

hopin' to spend some time at the Rock'n'Roll HOF along with some other biz-type crap.....someone's gotta' pay the rent!
those bills keep coming back every...phreaking...month! argh! lol!
~dp & the nekked fellas~

listenin' to:
==========
The Beatles 1964-68 Anthology
*Yur Blues* (spelling?)
Forrest
Understand the Man
Understand the Man

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLA GIRL, all your above posted points and counterpoints in regards to the old LRH and this new LRH are valid points...highly valid points.

This new version of the LRH is everything that the official version oughta be, but will never be as long as Sean/Zooropa run the show. I have no idea who Sean is, or what his relation to Zooropa is, but I kinda think that he/she is the message board administrator for the LRH...and he/she does a sucky job of running the place.

I'm all for attempting to make this new version of the LRH/LT work as a viable, user friendly place for any and all DY fans to meet and greet and expand our musical horizons.

Maybe we could have a "LISTENING TO...?" thread posted at the LRH. Perhaps we could link each days banter from this page over to there in an attempt to draw in new LT'ers to join us here?

Enough of that...what I'm currently "Listening To" at this very moment is a live (original line-up) BR5-49 bootleg concert that I'm preparing to burn to disc. It's a pristene digital soundboard recording from those pre 9/11 years of glorified innocence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BR5-49

BR5-49
St Louis, MO
The Duck Room at Blueberry Hill
19 May 2000
Taper's DSBD (Unk. equip)-->Transfer to CD #1-->CD#1 copied to my CD 2001-->Audiograbber to .wav-->.wav to .flac-->posted to dime 1/27/2007

Disc 1
01. Georgia on a Fast Train
02. Bettie Bettie
03. Even if it's Wrong
04. Fool of the Century
05. Hillbilly Thang
06. She's Talkin' to Someone
07. Pourin' Pain
08. Uneasy Rider
09. Baby Are You Gettin Tired of Me?
10. Change the Way I Look
11. Ship in the Bottle
12. Out of Habit
13. I Ain't Never
14. Waitin' For the Axe
15. Mill Stage Banter
16. What's the Matter With the Mill?
17. Sweet Sweet Girl
18. Mama Tried
19. Me N Opie Down By The Duck Pond
20. Luthers Boogie
21. Right String Wrong Yo-Yo
22. Better Than This
23. Way Too Late
24. The Game

Disk 2
01. 18 Wheels and a Crowbar
02. 7 Nights to Rock
03. crowd noise
04. "who's drinkin' jack?" Jay stage banter
05. Brain Cloudy Blues
06. Thirty Days
07. Spiders and Snakes
08. Little Ramona
09. Big Mouth Blues
10. Cadillac in Model A
11. Roley Poley
12. White Lightnin'
Forrest
Understand the Man
Understand the Man

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta add...this the best BR5-49 concert I've ever heard!!!
CandyCane
Population Dwight
Population Dwight

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Got my new Bryan Ferry cd Dylanesque yesterday!! Can't stop listening to it!! Love every track and if Bob Dylan ever heard it he would love it!!

Dylanesque (2007) Bryan Ferry

Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
Simple Twist Of Fate
Make You Feel My Love
The Times They Are A-changin'
All I Really Want To Do
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Positively 4th Street
If Not For You
Baby, Let Me Follow You Down
Gates Of Eden
All Along The Watchtower

Florida Girl
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FORREST –
It looks like you may have figured out a way to have the best of both worlds. I have requested permission to establish the link from the moderators. Your BR549 concert listing is superb!

LISTENING TO –
This morning I pulled out a CD I haven’t listened to in a while . . . “Howl” by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. From Amazon:

San Francisco's Black Rebel Motorcycle Club weren't exactly shy about their taste for early ‘90s UK rock (Jesus and Mary Chain, Ride, Stone Roses), influences that freely permeated their debut and Take Them On, On Your Own. But Howl argues that B.R.M.C. understands how such devotion can often be a creative straightjacket, stripping their songs bare via almost exclusively acoustic arrangements that variously evoke gospel-tinged Appalachia and gritty country-blues ("Devil's Waitin', "Ain't No Easy Way," "Restless Sinner"), gentle, mouth-harp seasoned folk ("Fault Line") and vocalist Peter Hayes invoking various ghosts of Dylan past on "Still Suspicion Holds You Tight," "Promise," and "Complicated Situation." Indeed, in everything from its music and Allen Ginsburg-inspired title to the LP-deriv! ed running order and artwork, it's an album whose retro-'60s counter-culture vibe may be no less original than their previous musical obsessions, but one whose strong, mature songs and dedicated performances can't be denied.
http://www.amazon.com/Howl-Black-Rebel-Motorcycle-Club/dp/B000A7S4B0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-5502073-8932840?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1179147015&sr=1-2
Florida Girl
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that I knew how before we lost privileges in the LRH, I would appreciate it if someone would refresh my memory regarding how to include photos directly in a post.

Forrest? Candy? Anyone?
CandyCane
Population Dwight
Population Dwight

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey Florida!!

Let me give it a try since I can't remember which address in photobucket to use.

CandyCane
Population Dwight
Population Dwight

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Where is all the rum Jack! Got it now Florida

Image code in photobucket!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dwight David Yoakam Forum Index -> Others All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 1 of 118

Jump to: