..First Time Dwight Ever yeard his own song played on Radio! Dwight David Yoakam
The King of Country Cool

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

..First Time Dwight Ever yeard his own song played on Radio!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BetsyLayne
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: ..First Time Dwight Ever yeard his own song played on Radio! Reply with quote

Sept 30 2013 2013 2013 Interview...

."The first time I ever heard a song of mine played was on the radio was KXLU, University at Loyola Marymount public station, said Yoakam
"The company who put out my independent EP said 'You know, there's this show Straight Pop and we think they're gonna play your record.' It was sandwiched in between the Butthole surfers and the Dead Kennedys!"
more below

http://www.scpr.org/programs/offramp/2013/08/30/33498/dwight-yoakam-performs-at-the-hollywood-palladium/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kpccofframp+%28KPCC%3A+Off-Ramp%29

Last edited by BetsyLayne on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:20 pm; edited 6 times in total
BetsyLayne
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: El Camino Reply with quote

The first one 1970 was bought by someone..wrecked? If I remember correctly. I was told He was gifted N0.2 by the Record Company ..anyone want to join in and help clarify..have at it..
Singer Dwight Yoakam is rumored to have owned a 1978 El Camino. He used money intended for body work on the El Camino to help finance his first recordings. He still has an El Camino, but it is unknown if it is the same one or a different one. It can be seen on the back cover of his album "Just Lookin'n For A Hit".
UPDATE: Jim Gessner writes:
"Famous old Corvette Racer and tuner Dick Guldstrand maintains Dwight's 78 El Camino. I am retired now, but while at Dick's as service manager we nicknamed the El Camino "Dwight's Trash Truck"!! Why? .....read on:
We put a ZZ4 late model driveline with a 700R4 that was enhanced, redid all the driveline and suspension and rear diff. Basically made a new truck with modern hot rod high tech driveline. Dwight had the interior redone in beautiful saddle Connelly leather, and added a great sound system. He dark tinted the windows, but let the original black paint stay old and beat up. He did not want it stolen as he drives it every day, and wanted it to look like an old ranch truck at the stables. He uses it about 15000 miles a year. Runs like a Corvette!! Dick's new shop is in Burbank. And Dwight still brings him the "trash truck" to keep it running perfect."
http://www.chevelles.com/elcamino/ec_own.htm

Last edited by BetsyLayne on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:53 am; edited 4 times in total
BetsyLayne
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: KXLU Reply with quote

http://www.kxlu.com/about.htm
BetsyLayne
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Time Traveled.. Reply with quote

Go back to the first post on this thread to see the post on this subject..
Filling in Vacant Spaces doesn't change the old dates..now if this post stays
2008 welcome to the dwight zone...zone..zone..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dwight David Yoakam Forum Index -> Dwight All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: