Girls Guns and Glory - Local Boston Alt Country band... Dwight David Yoakam
The King of Country Cool

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Girls Guns and Glory - Local Boston Alt Country band...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota Sky
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Girls Guns and Glory - Local Boston Alt Country band... Reply with quote

OK - this may be my new flavor of the day!! Received an alt country comp CD of Boston bands that was just finished to be followed by a benefit for the hungry on July 14th with the bands on the CD.

I was driving to work today and popped the CD in - the second song came on and I 'bout died. Right up our alley here at the LT thread! Now, I suppose you could say there's nothing "new" here BUT at least the younger generation is keeping the sound alive! Too funny they've been in my "back yard" for a while. Very Happy

The singer, Ward Hayden, sounded a lot like Dwight's voice on this track. Well Dwight now rather than when Dwight first came out on the scene. DY's voice has matured over the years and he has more control over it. Not that he didn't before - but you know what I'm sayin'.

Hayden also sports a bit of a Hank Sr. hair style!) I listened to some of the other songs on their MySpace page and he doesn't stay with the DY likeness but all in all - I'm lovin' it!

Review from the Boston Globe:
Quote:
"Girls Guns and Glory delivered a graceful, sturdy set of Buddy Holly-meets-Buck Owens twang 'n' roll that translated to the night's most sublime performance. Singer-guitarist Ward Hayden has the pillowy voice of a '50s pin-up star -- the constant comparisons to crooners like Chris Isaak and Lyle Lovett are well-deserved -- and his band's amber-soaked melodies, tight musicianship, and casual elegance were a tonic to an evening."

Girls Guns & Glory - If you have access to MySpace you can find them there!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38584343

They have a .com page under construction
http://www.girlsgunsandglory.com/

Enjoy!
CandyCane
Population Dwight
Population Dwight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hey Dakota! Wanted to check out the band, but can't get onto myspace without joining! Don't want to do that! Been there done that and had weirdos hitting on me all the time, like really if!! Man what a buncha loosers!! Anyway, I wish they would get their website up! Will check them out for sure! Love Dwight (no duh!) and SF singer Chris baby!!
Very Happy Check out the movie thread! Sorry I overlooked your post, but responded with enthusiasm when I discovered my mistake!!! Razz Cool

Dakota Sky
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandyCane wrote:
Sad Hey Dakota! Wanted to check out the band, but can't get onto myspace without joining! Don't want to do that! Been there done that and had weirdos hitting on me all the time, like really if!! Man what a buncha loosers!! Anyway, I wish they would get their website up! Will check them out for sure! Love Dwight (no duh!) and SF singer Chris baby!!
Very Happy Check out the movie thread! Sorry I overlooked your post, but responded with enthusiasm when I discovered my mistake!!! Razz Cool

LOL! Actually I go into MySpace thru my husband's account! It's not for me either! Very Happy Hmmm I'll see if I can figure out how to link a song from somewhere!

I'll go to the movie post now!
Hank Lockman
Understand the Man
Understand the Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota,
Sounds a very interesting band.Listened to them on myspace.
I presume there will be a cd soon?
Dakota Sky
Honky-Tonkin'
Honky-Tonkin'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the "Pretty Little Wrecking Ball" is the new one. I'm not sure, I'll have to check. They are on a Alternative Country Comp of Boston Bands that just came out as well.

I'll have to check!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dwight David Yoakam Forum Index -> Others All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: