Hellooo out there Dwight David Yoakam
The King of Country Cool

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Hellooo out there

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nora
Dwight Fan
Dwight Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Hellooo out there Reply with quote

Hi again everyone,

Thought I'd try this out and post a thread maybe some other DY fan will see me. Smile I have been on reading here a few hours and looking at pics , becoming familiar with this site as I'm a newbie but haven't seen anyone around at all today or to post back to.

I been having some female health issues lately and Dwight's music sure helped me go through a tough time. His music is soothing and helps to wind my troubles away. I'm sure some of you also can relate. But I was wondering do you ever think that some of Dwight's songs can be too sad? I did listen to a few of his sadder songs at times though it was soothing still it was sad but it's Dwight so I still listen. I will still be listening to him even more now as I"m still having some health issues.

Take care, other DY fans out there,

Nora
CandyCane
Population Dwight
Population Dwight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey Nora! I know that Dwight has soothed me through some health issues! Not the female kind, but it doesn't matter, it's just nice to hear his voice. Of course for me, he is not the only one I listen to in those hard times. But I digress since you asked about his sad songs.

This is what I have learned about country music. A lot of the songs are sad. Always someone leavin' someone, someone drinkin' their blues away and so on and so forth. But what I have come to realize when listening to my rock, metal and goth music is that there are lots of sad songs there, just set to different music. I consider songs poetry and sometimes I believe singers write out what is bothering them or making them mad through songs just like poets do with poems. Now not all poems are sad or mad, but that is a different subject.

Sorry you could not find someone on the board to post to. Some of us come and go (most of us are on RT 23, Dwight's official fan site) and come around here to post when we get a chance.
Check out the Listening thread under Others on this board. It's down at the bottom under the Dwight subjects. There are some well versed music lovers down there who love to talk about Dwight and every other kind of music in between!

Now I will print on of the saddest songs I know that Dwight did not write. It was written by Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam (rock) and he is the one on my signature line:

Black by Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam

sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
were laid spread out before me as her body once did
all five horizons revolved around her soul
as the earth to the sun
now the air i tasted and breathed has taken a turn
and all i taught her was everything
i know she gave me all that she wore
and now my bitter hands shake beneath the clouds
of what was everything?
all the pictures had all been washed in black, tattooed everything...
i take a walk outside, i'm surrounded by some kids at play
i can feel their laughter, so why do i sear
and twisted thoughts that spin round my head
i'm spinning, oh, i'm spinning
how quick the sun can, drop away
and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
of what was everything?
all the pictures had all been washed in black, tattooed everything...
all the love gone bad, turned my world to black
tattooed all i see, all that i am, all i'll ever be...
i know someday you'll have a beautiful life, i know you'll be a star
in somebody else's sky, but why
why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?

Nora
Dwight Fan
Dwight Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Candy! Smile I'm so glad to see you! I have been gone most of the summer so just now got a chance to post back to you. Sorry took me awhile to answer you.

Thanks for your post to me. I love to hear from DY fans. I had been stayhing with my sister most of the summer so no computer for me. My sister doesn't own a computer so I had no computer for awhile while staying with her. I stayed with my sister since she's been so sick ,I stayed to help take care of her and her three children. She's doing better now. I came home last week and so I',m trying to get back in the groove but it's been hard. Well enough about me. Now back to Dwight. Smile

Yes alot of country music songs are sad, I agree. With Dwight's songs the ones that are really sad, it makes you wonder doens't it what he's been through. I know it was heartbreak you can tell. Poor guy but he has wrote some great sad songs. Some of his songs, really make you feel for him. LIke I said I do listen to the songs, but not the real sad songs anymore, haven't in awhile. It makes me too sad and I don't want that feeling right now but I do listen to many other DY songs that I like Streets of Bakersfield, Honky Tonk Man, etc..

Thanks for the info on the Listening Thread. I will check it out soon. I am not musically well versed but be interesting to read sometime soon.

Thanks for posting the sad song, Black. That is a good written very sad song I agree. I will have to listen to it if I can find it online sometime. I don't think I have ever listened to Pearl Jam but I have heard of their name.

It was nice to talk to you Candy, hope to soon again. Smile

Nora
claire
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hello Nora and Candy,I haven't been here in a while either!

Dwight's music has got me through some hard times too,yes the sad songs..His Last Chance For A Thousand Years is my Favourite as I was going through a divorce at the time...I believe shedding tears does heal the soul...

I hope you ladies have a nice weekend,it's a long one here too!!

Love Trish Smile

Dwight Fan
Dwight Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi claire,

Nice to meet you. Smile

I haven't got that CD,I've seen it in stores but haven't got to pick it up yet. Sounds good. I just don't care for the sad songs much, but is good Claire that they got you through the hard times. Each to their own I believe. I believe too like you though yes that shedding tears can heal the soul. I do believe as I've shed tears to heal my soul several times.

I hope you had a nice weekend too!

Nora Smile
claire
All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hi Nora,it's nice to meet you too!!!

I hope you have a Wonderful week!!

Claire Smile

All Dwight, All The Time
All Dwight, All The Time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there ,it's been so long since I received an email from here! I hope Everyone is doing well!!!

claire/Trish Hello Cheers Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dwight David Yoakam Forum Index -> Dwight All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: